How to Handle an Accident
Whenever you are in an accident, please follow these simple steps:

  • Make sure that everyone involved is safe and that medical/emergency care is being provided.
  • Notify the local police.
  • Write down the following information:
    • Location, date, and time;
    • Names, addresses, and license numbers of other drivers and passengers;
    • License plate numbers and vehicle descriptions;
    • Injuries to you and others, if any;
    • Names and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
  • Report your accident to us immediately by calling toll-free 1-877-894-6467. If you wish, you may also call your insurance sales representative.

How to Report an Accident
If you are involved in an accident, please call us at 1-877-894-6467 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’ll begin processing your claim immediately and will handle your claim with and speed sensitivity.

How to Replace a Damaged Windshield or Window
A chipped, cracked or broken windshield or window is potentially dangerous, and should be repaired right away. If you've purchased comprehensive coverage, Twin Lights can connect you with approved windshield repair providers who can assist you in having your windshield repaired or replaced.

How to Obtain a Damage Appraisal Prior to Repair
If you've purchased collision coverage and your car is damaged, report the accident to us by calling 1-877-894-6467. We will send an auto claims adjuster to your home, to your office or to wherever your vehicle is towed to appraise the damage.  If you are unsure where to have your vehicle repaired, a Twin Lights representative can provide you with the names of qualified repair facilities in your area.

How to Apply for Benefits if You are Injured
Please contact us immediately at 1-877-894-6467 if you or any of your passengers were injured in the accident. You may be eligible for personal injury protection or benefits for medical expenses resulting from your injuries. Our representatives can answer your questions about how to claim these benefits.

How to Report a Claim if Your Car is Stolen or Catches Fire
If you purchased comprehensive coverage for your car, our specialists can help you in the event of fire damage or theft.

If your car is damaged in a fire, first notify the local fire department.

If your car has been stolen, first notify the local police department in the city or town where the car was located at the time of the theft.

Then, report the loss to us immediately by calling toll-free 1-877-894-6467, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A specially trained adjuster will settle your claim quickly and professionally.

How to Proceed if Served with Legal Papers About an Accident
Contact your Claim Representative immediately if you receive a summons, letter from an attorney or other legal documents pertaining to your accident. You may also notify us by calling 1-877-894-6467.

What is my deductible?
The deductible is the amount that you have agreed to pay yourself in the event of a loss. When you file a claim, this amount is deducted from the total amount we estimate will be necessary to repair your damaged vehicle. Your Claim Representative can answer any questions you may have about your deductible.

If you would like more information about the auto insurance industry, insurance regulations in New Jersey, or automobile safety, we encourage you to visit the following web sites (links to all below):

National Highway Safety Administration
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance

To report suspected insurance fraud in New Jersey, call 1-877–55–FRAUD.